Aug 8, 2014

Nursery of my Dreams

I call it the nursery of my dreams because I literally had a dream that it would look like that. Has that ever happened to you? I actually dream about my crafty projects all the time--I'm so nuts. But I knew early on how I wanted it to look, and just tried to make the dream come true little by little.

I love the color combo of peachy-pink and yellow so I looked long & hard for the perfect crib bedding and finally found the puzzle piece that brought the room all together. Dwell Studio's Rosette pattern had the right colors and the cutest modern little flowers. I illustrated the same little flowers and made a gallery collage of Olivia's name in Ikea's glossy gray matted frames.


The crib was also something I searched long & hard for. I wanted something modern but neutral and nothing at the baby stores really caught my attention. I went with a two-tone gray and white modern crib and changing station from Babyletto's Hudson collection.

The walls were painted a peachy-pink to match the bedding, and the closet was also painted inside. (Thanks to her Daddy <3 p="">



The rocking chair was a hand-me-down from Olivia's big cousin, Ryan. Hanging above the rocking chair is a little mobile that I made myself. I used Ikea's Kladsam Mobile and converted it to a baby mobile. I added ribbon to cover the black metal attached little felt flowers and hung a letter O from it.











The dresser and toy organizer are also from Ikea (yes, I went on a shopping rampage there!), the pouf was from Nordstrom and the rug was from Overstock.com.

This is probably my favorite room in our house. SO much love and thought went into making this a special place for Olivia.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you get the frame with her birth information on it? Or did you create that youself?

    ReplyDelete

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)