Apr 11, 2014

Buzz-Worthy 'Mommy to Bee' Baby Shower

SO MUCH PLANNING went on for my baby shower. Since my pregnancy forced me to sit on my couch all night, every night, I took my time to research the best ideas that I could execute myself on my little budget. And overall, I'm pretty proud of my event. The theme was "Mommy to Bee". Yes, its been done many times, but honeybees have a special place in my heart and I always knew I wanted a honeycomb party one day. In fact, I was secretly extra happy when I found out I was having a girl because my pink & yellow honeybee party dreams were coming true! I booked a neighborhood club house that was pretty plain in decor, and dressed it all up with bees, hexagons, yellow stripes and so much more! Take a peek into my dreamy baby shower...
 
This main attraction had all sorts of goodies including beehive cupcakes, honey jars, bee cake pops, honeybuns, merengues on sticks, honey straws, a big beehive cake and much more! Cake, cupcakes and cake pops by Thelma's Cakes.
The Cravings Station consisted of even more desserts and funny pregnancy cravings like pickles, donuts, popcorn, chips and candy.
This was the welcome table where guests wrote a little note for Baby Olivia in an Olivia the Pig book, entered the diaper raffle, and picked up a little Burt's Bees lip balm souvenir.
I knew that I definitely wanted a DIY Headband Station, complete with bows, flowers, elastic and a hot glue gun--the perfect gifts for the little one! My sissies in law ordered a pack from Etsy and put it all together.
For the bevies, I had lemonade, mini wine bottles, and water. The wine bottles had small tags attached that said "Get Buzzed"!
The guest tables were set up in long rectangles. They had small frames with cute sayings on them, diaper napkins with the utensils, and tiny vases with yellow billy balls, clay bees made by my cousin, and baby's breath.
This was one of the highlights of my life! Everything came out so sweet and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect baby shower. Special thanks to my family & friends who helped make it extra special--especially my sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave me a comment! It makes me feel good :)